Circle is the free software solution to centralized management of users and rights of access for a group of client stations and servers. It allows:
- to substitute authentication with a password with public-key cryptography;
- to encrypt by default all access to network services;
- to simplify management using a simple and efficient web interface;
- to ensure the redundancy of the LDAP directory;
- to adhere to a network service policy that is inaccessible by default.
Although solutions to centralize users already exist, they lack cohesion and require a significant amount of manual configuration by the system administrators. With the advent of cloud computing and the explosion in number of virtual machines, even small companies have to manage several servers. Our goal in launching Circle is to make managing network security simpler and more accessible for companies of all sizes.
Visit the project website for more details.